My Favorite animal :)

 My favorite animal is the meerkat, it's a small mongoose, it has a large body and legs, a pointed snout, brown fur and they often do a particular stance.


They are mostly insectivorous, but they also eat small birds, reptiles or even plants. The meerkats live in southern Africa and it's most common to be found in savannahs, open plains with little woody vegetation. They use to hang around in groups of 2 up to 30, and they have a high level of social organization called eusociality. Even though they seem cute and harmless due to their social organization, they fight between groups or even between the same group to gain a better "social status", and they're even willing to kill pups of dominant members to improve their offspring's position.

Meerkats are most known for it's particular stance, there is always some meerkats that stay in this position to look out for posible danger such as predators, which are mostly birds of prey like hawks and eagles, and also some carnivorous mammals.
That's why the meerkat is my favorite animal, I think their "sentinel stance" it's very cute and reminds me of my late dog who used to stand like that sometimes. I didn't know about their social organization or the killing part, but I think it's very interesting.

Comentarios

  1. They reminds me my cats and my rabbit standing in two paws hahaha very cute

    ResponderEliminar
  2. haha i love them too, especially when they love their heads😹😹

    ResponderEliminar

  3. I remember having thousands of t-shirts with pictures of them when I was a kid, they are sooo cute

    ResponderEliminar
  4. They are very interesting, the meerkats' posture I used to do when I was a kid with my friends, they look very funny like that.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I also really like meerkats, good blog, I liked the images!

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario